Rise early, pack up and drive about one hour to Chele
La (/la /means pass) for one of Bhutan’s best views of the Himalayas. Boxed
breakfast will be served at the pass. On a clear day you can see panoramic
views of the western Himalayan mountain ranges. Then we drive two hours to Thimphu
where your guide and driver will be available to take you anywhere you desire.
On past tours we found that participants had their own ideas about what is
interesting in Thimphu so we include here a list of current events and places
to see and leave this decision up to you.
Paro to Thimphu via
Overnight: Hotel KisaList of things to see and do in Thimphu:
(* = Robin's favorites.)
- Textile Museum
- *Paper factory for handmade paper—great for printing photos of Bhutan
- National Institute of Traditional Medicine
- Post Office for Bhutanese collector stamps.
- Two good book stores for books on Bhutan
- Paradise Temple (Only if there are pilgrims there.)
- Check out the archery field for competition and practice
- We recommend the Choki Arts and Handicraft store for souvenirs
- We recommend coffee and sweets at the Arts Cafe next to the Swiss Bakery.
- Takin refuge—Bhutan’s national animal
- *School of Traditional Arts and Crafts
- “Children’s Temple” – an antique temple where parents bring their children